LINUXBIOS can boot any variety OS

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Thu Aug 21 12:24:01 CEST 2003

You should start at Richard Smith's FAQ. It can be found in the LinuxBIOS
mailing list archive for now.

LinuxBIOS proper, I believe, has been used to boot Linux kernels, Plan9,
and WinCE.

Using LinuxBIOS to boot Windows 2000, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, unmodified Linux,
and lots of others which went untested has been described in a couple
places

You can read about it in this paper here
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix03/tech/freenix03/agnew.html

You can try the guilty part by pulling down the freebios cvs, and looking
at freebios/util/ADLO

- Adam Agnew