Backoirted oatch to 2.4.19 for kexec does not work

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 10 21:08:01 CEST 2003

Hello from Gregg C Levine
I don't know why, Andrew, but the patch your company supplied via the
FTP site, for the 2.4.19 kernel, applied correctly, and I was able to
build the kernel. But the expected event didn't work. When I issued a
"kexec kernel.elf", which was built using the latest version of
mkelfImage from the FTP site, that Eric has for his company, I got the
same expected output as before. Here it is:
Script started on Sun Aug 10 21:11:01 2003
root at drwho4:/usr/src/lobos/work# kexec kernel.elf
kexec_load failed: Function not implemented
entry       = (nil)
nr_segments = 4
segment[0].buf   = 0x80a8ea0
segment[0].bufsz = 158
segment[0].mem   = (nil)
segment[0].memsz = 158
segment[1].buf   = 0x80a3888
segment[1].bufsz = 559c
segment[1].mem   = 0x10000
segment[1].memsz = 1aa24
segment[2].buf   = 0x80a8e28
segment[2].bufsz = 0
segment[2].mem   = 0x91000
segment[2].memsz = 70
segment[3].buf   = 0x40001008
segment[3].bufsz = b48dc
segment[3].mem   = 0x100000
segment[3].memsz = 700000
root at drwho4:/usr/src/lobos/work# exit
Script done on Sun Aug 10 21:11:12 2003

Incidentally that's the same thing that I got before. Did this
function work for you?
What distribution did you use for building your kernel, and, ah, test
system?
As it happens, this is built using Slackware 8.0, with the compiler
version as 2.95.3, and the binary utilities at 2.10.90. Do I need to
upgrade them for attempting to build the later kernels?
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi