smp, newconfig, hdama

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Sun Aug 10 20:44:00 CEST 2003

David Barr wrote:

> I have access to a fairly largish supply of A22-M series, and as
>
>president of my local student ACM chapter (named Beta Iota Tau,
>
>nerdily enough) am desparately searching for more projects for the
>
>upcoming  semester/year.

The IBM A22-M uses the Intel 440BX chipset with the ATI Mobility Rage M3
for graphics. The 440BX is supported by LinuxBIOS and the VideoBIOS can
be extracted from the flash in the unit. Find out what they use for a
keyboard controller/superI/O and it may be workable. It may be one of
the Renasas (Hitachi) IKAP family.

Bari