Supporting extension ROMs and beyond...

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Sat Aug 9 13:38:00 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 02:29:08PM -0600, ron minnich wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, YhLu wrote:
>
> > Where is the VGA BIOS support? Still in freebios?
>
> it's the one that SONE used in linuxbios, he can describe again how it is
> enabled. We are using it here for NVidia cards.

I don't know about freebios2 tree, but in freebios tree there is
some code to call POST routine of external VGA BIOS,
and support for some realmode BIOS call (like PCI BIOS) to
help the VGA BIOS run happily.

It is activated by config like below:

    option CONFIG_VGABIOS=1
    option CONFIG_REALMODE_IDT=1
    dir src/bioscall
    option CONFIG_PCIBIOS=1
    option VGABIOS_START=0xfffe0000

The last line is needed when you use the VGA BIOS image from
the Flash (typically for onboard VGA).

If this option is not defined, VGA card's ROM is used
(this is what Ron's original code does).

Ron: my last fix to pcibios.c is in the tree and working ok. Thanks.

--
Takeshi