Supporting extension ROMs and beyond...

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Aug 8 12:05:01 CEST 2003

I guess I have a hard time seeing the difference between linking functions
into LB via the static device tree, and calling ELFs, except that you get
no space savings with the ELF approach. You're going to create printk etc.
functions in every single ELF image, and in fact you'll have a whole "BIOS
library" in each and every ELF iamge.

All things considered I'd rather link them in. I am very tight for space
no the K8 with 1 MB flash, so growing things larger is not an option.

Now if we want to have a way to choose seperate ELF payloads or direct
linking them in at build time, that makes lots of sense to me. We can try
to look at that.

ron