quartet boot

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Aug 7 10:03:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm having bad luck with the AMD Quartet machines currently.
Due to the 4 memory controllers I had to take out quite some
debug messages from auto.c to get it compile, but I don't really
get to that point anyways..

all I get is the following:

  LinuxBIOS-1.1.0Fallback Do Aug 7 16:05:24 CEST 2003 starting...
  setting up resource map....
  done.
  Enabling routing table for node 00000000 done.
  Enabling SMP settings
  setup_remote_node
  setup_remote_done
  Renaming current temp node to 00000001 done.
  Enabling routing table for node 00000001 done.
[long delay here]
  Renaming current temp node to 00000002 [long delay here] done.
  Enabling routing table for node 00000002
[long delay here, then reset:]

  LinuxBIOS-1.1.0Fallback Do Aug 7 16:05:24 CEST 2003 starting...
  setting up resource map....
  done.
  Enabling routing table for node 00000000 done.
  Enabling SMP settings
[complete hang]

this worked some time ago in CVS, but I don't know when it stopped.

Can the resource map cause these problems? I dumped the resource map
I am using from a different quartet machine, and now I get the same
problems than I had before with the default resource map.

It looks to me like it's a bad idea[tm] to set the resource map at all
before knowing anything about the machine's resources.

debugging...
  Stefan