Bios flashing continued

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Apr 29 09:41:01 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 07:42  AM, ron minnich wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
>
>> I ran these commands:
>> ./dumpdevmem > bios
>> hexdump bios | more
>
> This is with bios savior right? I had the same problem. I don't know
> what
> part it is.

Bios savior? I don't think so. I have a SBC board, I haven't purchased
anything special for it. I take it Bios Savior is some kind of device
to make sure you don't loose the bios...

> Do you have a plain old flash part you can put in there? SST 28SF040 is
> ideal.

I can put an empty new flash part WinBond W29C020CP9DB ( I think it
often goes by W29c020)

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions