vgabios emulation status

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Apr 28 16:04:00 CEST 2003

ron minnich wrote:

> it worked on a small scale. But I thought those 69030 parts were so simple
> you did not need a vga bios?

Oh man I wish but, no way, not in the least.  There are bunches of
registes that have to be setup.  Especially the Flat Panel registers.
The 030 is further complicated by the fact that it has 2 independent
rendering pipelines.  It can drive both a CRT and LCD at 2 different
resolutions at the same time.

The good thing is that the full docs on the chip are available from
asiliants web page.

Is there a config anywhere in the tree that shows and example setup?

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com