Polling IDE and CF issue.

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Wed Apr 23 22:50:01 CEST 2003

Richard,

> I've just discovered a compact flash that isn't identified properly by
> the polling IDE code.
> Its an 8Meg CF and Linux identifies it as  a Hitachi CV 7.1.1, ATA DISK
> drive with CHS=246/2/32
> The polling IDE code sees that there is a drive there issues the info
> command and dosen't generate an error but the model info is blank and
> the CHS info shows all zeros.  Same code seems to work fine with the
> SanDisk and Lexar CFs I have.
> So it looks like the IDE_CMD_GET_INFO command is returning back all zeros.
> If that's the case then where is Linux getting its info from?
I have noticed that some CF's require more delay than others.  For instance,
I had to increase WAIT_COUNT from 0xFFFF to 0xFFFFFF in Adam's ide patch
in order to get certain card to work.  Hope this help.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

Tel: (852)2542 2046