Error ...

Jim Garlick garlick at llnl.gov
Fri Apr 18 16:16:01 CEST 2003

Sounds very similar to a problem observed on the SuperMicro P4DPR/DPE which
has the same winbond sensor chip.  The solution was to tell lm_sensors to
access the Winbond via ISA rather than I2C.

I think there is also some code in the p4dpr/p4dpe linuxbios port to notice
the memory initialization problem and work around it (e.g. wait a while
and reset?)  The details have faded but you might check the code.

Jim