Random comments on LinuxBIOS

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Apr 16 19:41:01 CEST 2003

Adam Agnew <agnew at cs.umd.edu> writes:

> > In addition there is some background work on secure/trusted booting.  I don't
> > know if anything has really happened with that yet, but ADLO grow out of
> > the interest in trusted booting.
>
> The evils of software patents are still in force. It exists, it can't be
> released..

Is this the patent application process or due to conflicting patents?

In any case I would love to get a good feel for what problems are
being addressed and roughly how that is done.  As time goes by this
is one of the features I would like to see well integrated if parts
of it are not built on rubish ideas.

Eric