1.1 development release targets.

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Wed Apr 16 12:23:00 CEST 2003

ron minnich wrote:
> I think there is going to be continued use of the ide/floppy stuff without
> etherboot. I have requests for that all the time. It's going to have to
> stay.
>
> I support only loading elfboot images from linuxbios. It just makes too
> much sense.

Does linuxbios in the current version support elfboot images from
ide/floppy (directly, without etherboot)?  I guess if it does I don't
see it.

One issue I have with elfboot images is the inability to dynamically
pass parameters to the zero page (specifically the vga cursor location).
  I understand the idea of not locking the boot mechanism into the bios,
but there are pros and cons.

The final step of booting Linux is pretty independent of the other
linuxbios code, though, so it is easy to patch in an alternate technique
for someone (like me) that has specific requirements.

-Steve