Geode

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon Apr 14 07:33:00 CEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 04:58:48AM +0100, J P wrote:
> Hi,     I am using geode sc1200 chip. I have to do some initialization to
> my sc1200 and then load my linux OS from hard disk to SDRAM. Can linux
> bios satisfy all these? What else can linux bios do?

Checkout the current source from cvs and look at the code for the nano
system written by Christer Weinigel.  The nano is based on the SC2200 but
almost all of the code applies to SC1200 as well.

Using etherboot or some patches to LinuxBIOS you'll be able to load an OS
from an IDE drive as well.

//Peter