How does the OS boot OS

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Fri Apr 11 13:07:00 CEST 2003

ron minnich wrote:

> The Scyld stuff is for older Linux kernels; you need to go to the
> sourceforge and look for beoboot and bproc, etc.

Thanks, I didn't see it in beowulf, but I did find
http://sourceforge.net/projects/monte/, and did a "cvs co" of monte, and
built it and insmod'd it on 2.4, and all seems well, though I haven't
actually executed it yet.

Thanks for the hints; it's too bad that the scyld stuff comes up on
google first, I looked to use this a year ago on 2.4 and gave up
assuming it only worked on 2.2.  Kind of cryptic to find the right
files; the monte project says production stable, but no files released.

Someone needs to put a note on scyld.

-Steve