Codec

GNUOrder gnuorder at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 02:26:00 CEST 2003

LinuxBIOS wouldn't have anything to do with the audio chip.  It leaves things
like that up to the OS itself.  Find out which linux drivers work with it,
alsa, oss or built into the kernel.  You should be able to search google for
LM4550 and linux to find out what drivers are available.  If you are looking
for the PnP setup, that would be in the kernel source.  If you are using
linux as the OS, you could very well skip all that yourself and let linux
handle it.

GO