about BOOT_IDE

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Thu Apr 10 00:02:01 CEST 2003

Hi Terry,
This was actually discussed just yesturday as well, so in the interest of
not covering the subject again so soon... Please see the thread
starting with:

----
From: Deepak Kotian <dkotian3 at vsnl.net>
To: linuxbios at clustermatic.org
Subject: Burning BIOS on FLASH ROMS, is the kernel also needs to burnt on
it
---

For three other options for booting from hard disk. Your actually looking
at the fourth option, which i forgot earlier. Also keep in mind that using
a flash disk, like perhaps a compact flash card on an ide adaptor
(cwlinux.com sells such a beast) you can keep your lightning fast boot up
speeds!

If you don't want to put your kernel image on the beginning sectors of
your hard disk, your easiest option is probably etherboot 5.0.6 + the
polled ide patch.

- Adam Agnew