Burning BIOS on FLASH ROMS, is the kernel also needs to burnt on it

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Wed Apr 9 15:09:00 CEST 2003

Oh, and ADLO slows things down a little. mostly because it definitely
needs the hard drives to be spun up already, while the linux kernel can be
tricked into thinking they already are. Same with etherboot. If you want 3
second boot up, booting from IDE is out of the question. The other thing
you can try is a DoC Millenium which is a bios chip with 8 megs of
storage.