OT: Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM PCI on Linux Framebuffer w/o Option Rom?

Lee LeeCausier at GameBox.net
Sun Sep 29 16:00:01 CEST 2002

Dear LinuxBiosers,
                                I'm afraid this topic is a bit off
topic, but I thought you guys would be the best to ask as LinuxBios
doesn't load option roms. I have a Diamond Stealth 64 Dram PCI card
which I have removed the option rom from (and placed in an antistatic
foam eprom case.) I want to use it for dual monitor support, but had to
remove the option rom as it wasn't designed for multi-card operation. I
am wondering if this thing can be used with Linux's framebuffer
support?? My other card is a Nvidia GeForce2 64MB AGP. I figure I may
have to assign it some settings, I'm not sure. I haven't put it into the
target machine yet, but I have tested it booting with a Cirrus Logic
5422 w/ Option Rom on a different machine and it is detected by 95, but
not used.

Thanking you in advance,

Lee Edward Causier.