motherboard for vdr system

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sun Sep 22 11:45:00 CEST 2002

Hi, I've sent this mail september 14th, but I didn't see it on the
mailing list.... I try to re-send it, thank you

Hi. I would like to buy a motherboard for a VDR system:
http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr

This software uses DVB cards to receive digital television and
transforms your PC in a powerful videorecorder - dvd player - divx mp3
etc etc etc

As you can imagine, a very fast boot would be very appreciate, making it
possible to completely replace a standalone digital receiver.

I watched around and I found a shop selling PC-CHIPS motherboards. I
need an AGP slot, and two or more PCI slots for DVB-cards, plus ethernet
etc. I have a bit of fear the 815 is very limited in expansion, perhaps
the 830 is better for me. Do you have any advice about motherboards? I
also found a page
(http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips/aka.html) where there
are the pc-chips equivalents; nowadays I can very easily find ECS
products which are the very same of pcchips 830 etc.

I've read archive mailing list and all but I still need some more
informations. Will I be able to directly boot my own linux kernel, with
IDE, XFS etc support? I need a hard-disk anyway, to record movies and
load vdr software, etc.

bye and thank you!
as