General LinuxBIOS Questions

SIVAKUMAR SUBRAMANI sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com
Fri Sep 20 03:27:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am in the process of porting the Linux BIOS code for my system.

The Specification of my system is as follow:
Main board: Intel vc15.
SuperIO : SMSC LPC47M192
Northbridge: Intel 845 MCH (DDR support)
Southbridge: Intel 82801BA (ICH2)

I have added source code to support the above mentioned component as per
the specification of corresponding component. I have built the Linux
BIOS image also.
I need to test the code.

Before that I want to know, whether I need to apply any patches to the
Linux kernel. I am using 2.4.18 version of Linux kernel. I am planning
to boot the kernel from IDE disk.

"Please ignore the attachment!!!"

Thanks,
Siva.s