PCCHIPS M787CL+v3.0 support

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Tue Sep 17 01:15:01 CEST 2002

> > Do you know if it is possible to get the datasheet on the
> Sis630E chipset?
> > If I use this I need to setup the vga.  I see there is a Linux
> driver, but I
> > don't know if I it has enough setup without a PC-BIOS init first.
> >

> You have to sign NDA to get the register spec. What kind of VGA init are
> you going to do ??
>
> Ollie

Just need to init to 80 x 25 color text.  Load an 8x16 font and write
attribute/char data at 0xB8000 in the standard fashion. That's it.

I can get a register dump from the board with the mobo and PC-BIOS, assuming
in alpha mode it has legacy CRTC, Sequencer, Attribute, Graphics, etc in the
standard locations.  But I need to know the extended register settings to
enable access to these from power on.  And any extended DCLK register
locations/settings required.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.  I don't have a problem with an
NDA unless is prevents publishing the source code.

-Steve