Need help with LinuxBIOS speech

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Sun Sep 15 18:58:00 CEST 2002

One thing that I am hoping an open source BIOS might get us to is less
buggy hardware. The bugginess of this PC hardware is really amazing. The
bugginess has persisted because the vendors know they can hide all the
ugly problems in the BIOS. These problems lead to memory running slow,
weird PCI bus problems, and other failures.

Open source BIOSes reveal the ugly bugs. Possibly this will make the
hardware vendors more responsible. We can certainly hope so.

ron