motherboard for vdr system

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sat Sep 14 10:07:00 CEST 2002

Hi. I would like to buy a motherboard for a VDR system:
http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr

This software uses DVB cards to receive digital television and
transforms your PC in a powerful videorecorder - dvd player - divx mp3
etc etc etc

As you can imagine, a very fast boot would be very appreciate, making it
possible to completely replace a standalone digital receiver.

I watched around and I found a shop selling PC-CHIPS motherboards. I
need an AGP slot, and two or more PCI slots for DVB-cards, plus ethernet
etc. I have a bit of fear the 815 is very limited in expansion, perhaps
the 830 is better for me. Do you have any advice about motherboards?

I've read archive mailing list and all but I still need some more
informations. Will I be able to directly boot my own linux kernel, with
IDE, XFS etc support? I need a hard-disk anyway, to record movies and
load vdr software, etc.

bye and thank you!
as