Any UK DiskOnChip Retailers?

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Mon Sep 9 18:09:00 CEST 2002

> The idea is to put vmlinux.bin.gz in hda1 (raw, using dd),
> > which is say, 10MB.  You know where hda1 is, just one cylinder
> over from the
> > start.  Then the ext2 fs is in hda2, which is the rest of the
> disk.  The ide
> > routines in linuxbios work fine for this, although the partition table
> > skip-over is hardcoded and needs to be made a variable.
> >
> > Anyone done this already or have comments?
>
> yep, I've done it, it works fine.
>
> And key is Eric's code which will hunt the elf header down ...

Could you be more specific about elf.  I was using option BOOT_IDE which
uses ide_fill_inbuf.c etc.  Seems to work for a raw partition, but I have
not tried the combination with the Linux ext2fs in the other partition
(right now using a ramdisk loaded from a floppy as the rootfs).  Are you
talking about ELF_BOOT?

/sg