Trouble getting started.....

Antony Stone Antony at Soft-Solutions.co.uk
Sat Sep 7 08:05:00 CEST 2002

On Saturday 07 September 2002 12:49 pm, Andrew Ip wrote:

> Antony,
>
> > Can someone suggest which I'm doing wrong, what I've missed out, or where
> > I can look for instructions to get it right ?
> > # CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE_HIGH is not set
>
> You may either need to enable docprobe high or type
> $ flash_on
> $ modprobe docprobe doc_config_location=0xfffc8000

Thanks for that.   It's now working, and I've booted a kernel from DoC :-)

Now to figure out how to get the keyboard working.....

Incidentally, I noticed that the SiS config file for the 2.4.17 kernel was
bigger than the config file for 2.4.19.   So I looked at both, and found the
MTD options I needed were in the 2.4.17 config file, whereas the 2.4.19 one
which I'd started with has MTD turned off !

Maybe whoever maintains these config files could check that the 2.4.19
version is sensible/useful ?   Leaving out the MTD stuff seems a bit odd to
me...

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Antony.

--

Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer