AW: DOC vs. IDE

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Thu Oct 24 00:25:01 CEST 2002

Are you using CFdisks with WinXP?  WinXP has a nasty habit (WINDOWS?
NASTY HABIT??? NOOO!!!) of formatting CFdisks with Fat32 by default
whereas most cameras use Fat16 (from what I've heard).  As such, I've
heard quite a few horror stories of data loss "because of CFdisks"
when the actual problem was a faulty OS vendor.  I just can't seem to
remember the name of that vendor right now, oh well.

:)

All other indications of CompactFlash are that it's a realiable medium
(unless you can document otherwise).  I will provide documentation to
the Fat32/Fat16/Xp issue upon request [or just search google].

-CB