support for supermicro P4DL6 - serverworks GC-LE chipset

Eric W Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Oct 11 15:15:01 CEST 2002

Dale J Robson <dale.j.robson at lmco.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get LinuxBIOS working on a SMP xeon board:
> http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/GC_LE/P4DL6.htm
>
> I'm attaching the lspci -vv output.
>
> Is there any possibility of this board being supported?

I don't know of anyone one who has managed to get serverworks
to give them documentation at this point.

> Would it require writing numerous new device drivers?

Several.  The hardest one is the memory controller, but for a new
chipset there are several other chips that need support as well.

> If this board is a poor fit for use with the LinuxBIOS project.  Can
> anyone recommend a more compatible dual p4 xeon board with 1000baseT?

I have worked primarily with the supermicro p4dpr.  Based on the intel
E7500 chipset.  It has onboard 10/100 and onboard gibabit.

Depending on what you are doing we at LinuxNetworx might even be able
to sell you some support.

Eric