acpi error

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Oct 9 09:47:00 CEST 2002

* zhu shi song <zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com> [021009 15:56]:
> I compile acpi into the kernel.  When the kernel
> booting,
> through doc , acpi error.  When I boot it from bios ,
>
> it's ok.
>   I'm using cvs freebios, linux-2.4.18.
>   who met the problem?

LinuxBIOS does not provide ACPI tables at the moment. Thus, when Linux
is searching for these, the search fails. Nothing evil, if the machine
is set up correctly without ACPI.

Best regards,
  Stefan Reinauer

--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD