Ram problem

Eric W Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Oct 8 20:19:00 CEST 2002

steven james <pyro at linuxlabs.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to get ram working on an e7500 MCH.
> It seems to be actually initting, but when I run ramtest it, I
> consistantly see a single bit toggled when reading back such as:

> Other times, I see that the second read (in order to display the bad
> value) actually reads successfully such as 000127a8:000127a8

Hmm.  it sounds very much like you are missing something.
When I finally finally got the ram intialization sequence working the
ram was rock solid.

Is this known good ram?

> Does anyone have any ideas what might cause that?

There are too many variables for me to have a good guess.  I am just
about to sync my tree with the sourceforge tree and you can compare
notes.

Eric