PCChips M758LMR+ works for me but...

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Oct 4 10:28:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Todd E. Johnson wrote:

> I primarily have been using ACPI for startup & shutdown.  Startup will
> always work when there is momentary contact to the power header.  ACPI
> fails to load which causes it to not see the power button.  There is not
> an ACPI directory under /proc, so ACPID has nothing to watch for (ex:
> Momentary contact on the power button to initiate `shutdown`.

The trend in the free os community is to do ACPI functions in the OS --
this is smart, I think. You need to get ACPI tables from the existing BIOS
and then see how far the Linux ACPI emulator is and how well it works.

This is a bit of work but would be a huge help and we would love to have a
writeup.

ron