Walmart PC from MicroTel

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Thu Oct 3 10:32:01 CEST 2002

Ollie, since I'm sure you get inundated with requests for all the different
mobo types out there, maybe we can set up a webpage/db that will allow
people to submit the lspci -vvv data along with the motherboard type
and possibly a link to the motherboard on manufacturer's website?

I may be working with Rob Minnich on a mysql db that would hold our
data for the config file generator.  If that's the case, I could put
this page together rather easily.

Then people could go to the page and if their motherboard has already
been submitted, cast a new "vote" for it; and if it's not listed, they
could submit a new request (with the above info [lspci -vvv; etc]).
As such, you could prioritize the most popular/requested motherboards
and do your magic accordingly.

It's just a thought.  I really want to help the project out as much as I
can (I'm a web/php/mysql developer and not really a C/ASM coder).

Your thoughts?

-CB

ol> On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 11:58, Ronald G Minnich wrote:

>> my very nice $600 non-Windows PC from Walmart is a deal.
>>
>> The chipset is SiS .... for P4 .... SDRAM .... Hey, Ollie, where is the
>> port?

ol> send me lspci -vvv ;-)

ol> Ollie

ol> Linuxbios mailing list