Question regarding instructions...

ollie lho ollie at sis.com.tw
Fri Nov 29 02:25:01 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 14:41, Nathanael Noblet wrote:

> That is the device. It says on it:
> AWARD
> copy 1998
> PCI/PNP 586
> 230085332

You should remove the label on the chip and you can see the real
part number of it. It has nothing with any keywords like "AWARD".

> I really don't think it is anything but the BIOS chip. It is in a
> square "socket" ( I use the term loosely) with 9 pins on the top and
> bottom, 7 on the left and right.
>
> Oh and what is a PLCC flash device?? I'll google but perhaps you can
> point me in the right direction...

PLCC means Plastic J-Leaded Chip Carrier, which is a way to package
IC chips. The pins (or legs ??) look like the character 'J' from side.

Can you boot your board by the BIOS with Linux on IDE HD ??

Ollie