Reversing the default value of CONFIG_COMPRESS from 1 to 0

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Nov 18 15:50:00 CET 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Kevin Hester wrote:

> Anyone have a problem with me moving statically generated PIRQ tables from
> the compressed section to the uncompressed session?

I've thought about this, but in the long term we don't want to do it.

Long term, we want to get rid of the memory hole at 0xf0000 and have DRAM
there. The kernel searches there, however. I think it makes sense for a
given motherboard to just require that we get rid of the memory hole and
then COMPRESS will work with no further hacking.

ron