Peculiar behavor during the build process for the l440gx port

Gregg C Levine drwho8 at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 17 19:09:00 CET 2002

Hello from Gregg C Levine
I am getting some darned strange error messages from the Python based
builder script. It seems to reject the way the config file is setup, in
favor of something totally different. Well I tried that. It did not work.
So, I setup a shell script file to automate some of the steps. And with the
exact same config file, as the one I've attached, I ended up with the exact
same output from the scripting output. Even thiough the output is provided
as a an attachment, I am going to paste it here:
Script started on Sun Nov 17 17:49:12 2002
root at drwho:/usr/src/lobos/work# ./buildit.sh
Process config file:
/usr/src/lobo/freebios/src/mainboard/intel/l440gx/Config
===> Warning:
/usr/src/lobos/work/l440gx.config:4:
/usr/src/lobo/freebios/src/mainboard/intel/l440gx/Config not found
Will place Makefile, crt0.S, etc. in
/usr/src/lobos/work/l440gx-build/l440gx
/usr/src/lobos/work/l440gx.config:10: arch, target, or mainboard must be
the first commands, not option
root at drwho:/usr/src/lobos/work# exit

Script done on Sun Nov 17 17:49:30 2002
And here is the l440gx config file:
----
# This will make a target directory of ./winfast
# Note that this is RELATIVE TO WHERE YOU ARE WHEN YOU RUN THE
# CONFIG TOOL. Make it absolute if you like
mainboard intel/l440gx

target /usr/src/lobos/work/l440gx-build/l440gx

# Enable Serial Console for debugging
# It will come up at 115200,8n1
option SERIAL_CONSOLE
=1
# Enable MicroCode update and L2 Cache init for PII and PIII
option UPDATE_MICROCODE=1
option CONFIGURE_L2_CACHE=0

# Use the internal VGA frame buffer device
#option HAVE_FRAMEBUFFER
option USE_CACHE_RAM=0
option USE_GENERIC_ROM=1
option USE_ELF_BOOT=1

#makedefine  PHLASH_BASE_NAME=p13-0125
#makedefine BOOT_IMAGE=/tftpboot/netboot.ebi
makedefine BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinux.bin.gz.block

# Path to your kernel (vmlinux)
# NOTE; you need a path to your test12 kernel here.
#linux ~/projects/linux/linux-2.4.0-test9.eb5.4

linux /usr/src/linux-2.4.17

# Kernel command line parameters
commandline ro panic=5 root=/dev/hda1 console=ttyS0,115200 debug 3
What "Config" file is it talking about? This is on Slackware 8.0, with the
current collection of tools, as of when Slackware 8.0 was released. And I am
open to suiggestions.
Gregg C Levine drwho8 at worldnet.att.net
"Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.