[COMMIT] pirq_routing.c

ollie lho ollie at sis.com.tw
Thu Nov 14 03:13:00 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 13:11, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> I get this now. So in other words, it is not getting copied, but the
> kernel is finding the table in FLASH since it is uncompressed. Now I
> wonder why linuxbios would try to copy to f0000, since that is a FLASH
> area. I think it is because linuxbios is now thinking that the memory hole
> at 0xf0000 is not there, and that it is dram. We need to see what
> assumptions linuxbios is making about the memory hole at 0xf0000.
> Something has changed recently.

The reason LinuxBIOS copying the table to 0xf0000 is that the kernel
will search the table in certain memory regions which includes
643rd Kb and 0xf0000-1Mb. For uncompressed LinuxBIOS in Flash rom, the
copy is not neceressary since the table is uncompressed and in the
memory region under kernel's search. For DoC, we have to make the F
segment mapped to DRAM and copy the table to F segment. I have no idea
what to do if you are using a compressed LinuxBIOS with Flash Rom.

Ollie