flash manufacturer IDs

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Nov 13 00:07:01 CET 2002

On 12 Nov 2002, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Take a look at drivers/mtd/chips/jedec_probe.c in the mtd cvs tree.
> Or in a recent 2.4.x kernel.

I had seen that, it is a fairly (i.e. incomplete) abbreviated list. It is
really amazing how many flash vendors there are. Some programmers tout
support for over 8000 parts.

There are way more vendors than are documented in those files.

> Why do you need one anyway?

Trying to track down a part given an ID, and realizing that there are not
really good lists of vendors out there, I think in part because of JEDEC
policy on the vendor ID list.

ron