[COMMIT] fixes for pcm-5823

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Nov 12 10:45:01 CET 2002

On 11 Nov 2002, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Does someone want to write some generic irq assignment code, that we can
> report in the pci registers?  I think in general this is something we
> want to do even if linux let's us get away with it most of the time.
> Other OS's that are less hotplug friendly won't and it shouldn't be that
> much code to write.

It would be useful, but .... Andrew's problem is something else. It is
almost useful in this case to have the error propagate to Linux since it
is revealing a problem.

I wonder if Adam Sulmicki has done IRQ initialization support since they
support many OSes.

Also, generic code won't solve the special-cases we are seeing. But it is
still worth having. It would make our Plan 9 work much easier, since Plan
9's IRQ code doesn't work correctly in several cases.

ron