a board with SA1110

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 19:36:01 CET 2002

On Fri 25 Oct, Deprun, Jean-Francois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the lart project, I would like to know if some one has done a board
> with SA1110

There is Balloon, involving some of the same people. Hardware design by
Steve Wiseman, Linux port by Nick Bane, sponsored by Toby Churchill. Open
hardware design.

> and where I can found:
> 1) schematic, gerber,  orcad files....
> 2) Bios and Linux software

These are on the rather prototype website: http://www.toby-churchill.org/
We're just getting round to putting up some photos and making the info a
bit more accessible.

> 3) tools (compilator, linker, debugger)...
> 4) Application (do you know if there is a list of Lart/SA1110 applications )

You can use anything from debian-arm (9000 packages) or familiar (a few
hundred smaller packages) or compile your own. Emdebian
http://www.emdebian.org/ is a good place to get a toolchain although there
are plenty of others (e.g. the lart site and www.arm.linux.org.uk)

> 4) vendor board.

Aleph One will be making these available as soon as production is up to
speed. Hopefully by christmas.

The team is also in the process of designing a development board for
balloon to sit on to give it loads of IO (Basket). We're hoping that'll be
available in the spring.

Wookey