More questions...

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Dec 19 16:11:00 CET 2002

Hello again,
	I've been playing some more with existing configurations to figure out
how to fix the tiara code to work in the linuxbios code for my board.
I've got all the config files in place and a mainboard config file
setup based on the example of others. I have placed copies of the
common files like mainboard.c from other projects, just for the time
being, until I have more of an idea what to put in them. I have
configured a few of the other example boards to see how it all fits
together and have learned a bunch. What I am now wondering about is the
functions that are placed in the mainboard.c file. Are those mainboard
specific? Where are they coming from? Defined in other files? How do I
know whether I need them? Can someone explain to me what the purpose of
the functions in a mainboard.c file are for? I'll keep looking. I have
a funny suspicion that they are to setup the io and chipset and ram or
whatnot. I haven't figure it all out yet, I'll be looking at more of
the assembly for the actual function and where it came from etc... Any
pointers would be nice.

I think when I am done with this I'll help out with some docs for
newbies coming from my perspective. I assume I send them to Ron?

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 403.288.5360