Order of Execution

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Sun Dec 15 23:02:00 CET 2002

> What VGA code ?? The VGA bios emulation stuff in the freebios tree ??
> How does moving ipl.S to 32-bit have anything to do with VGA ??
>
> --
> ollie lho <ollie at sis.com.tw>

This was the new vga code that I wrote for a vga text console (not in the
repository yet).  There were a few registers that had to be set in the
sis630 to turn on vga.

Translating it was not _really_ required.  I am more familiar with
programming in 32-bit, though, and had other changes I needed to add, in
addition to the vga, that were better done in 32-bit.  I also had some
problems with the fixed address location and hard jumps to fixed addresses
in ipl.S, which were avoided by just putting it in the .inc stack in crt0.s.

-Steve