Order of Execution

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Sat Dec 14 02:26:00 CET 2002

>	The very first instructions are in ipl.S for SiS chipsets. These codes
>	are used to initialize the DRAM and some other (highly) critical
>	registers in north/south bridge.
>
>    ollie lho <ollie at sis.com.tw>

Good point, I forgot about ipl.S. For the vga code for the sis630, I
translated ipl.S to 32-bit code and put it in the crt0.s stack.  Required a
few changes, but seems to work fine and the code is more continuous.

Not sure how or if this should be integrated into the code base, but this is
how the vga was done for the sis630.

I do have the linuxBIOS logo showing up for a few seconds on boot, before
switching to vga text console.  Looks pretty cool.  Great logo.

-Steve