Order of Execution

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Dec 12 11:31:01 CET 2002

Hello,
	My attempt at a sis530 port seems to be coming along. I am almost
ready to compile and try this thing. I am though confused or unclear as
to the order that stuff needs to happen. I assume that eventually I
initialize RAM and then superIO and all that, what I don't understand
is the basic order of execution, this happens and then this needs to
and then this ... etc. I have been using as a guide the sis540 chipset
and stuff like that to get my configuration files together and as
examples, but well since the code for stuff is spread accross trees,
what happens when I make one of these projects? Does it take the
mainboard.c file first, then the raminit? I'm not sure if I am being as
clear as possible, but if anyone has a clue what I'm asking about it
would help.

	For example, the raminit and the chipset specific code is usually
assembly, whereas the mainboard.c is well, C. So where does that
raminit come into play, and how is it called, IS it called like a
function, same goes for the chipset initialization (I guess chip init
is tied pretty closely with the ram init stuff but well what happens in
what order is what I could use some pointers on....

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 403.288.5360