Starting the real time clock on virgin systems

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Dec 11 14:01:37 CET 2002

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
>
> > Kevin can you send me a simple piece of code to use for pc80/rtc.c that
> > fixes the problem?
> >

> OK just caught up. Yup, I had not noticed the motorola code you put in
> Eric. Now that I am looking at it seems like that is what we need.

I think if you will check that code has been in the tree for a year or so.
The only specific thing I remember is that it was strongly inspired
by the alpha port.  So I think it was done as part of the port to the
tyan s2462.  Which I did immediately after the alpha.

> It's always interesting going away from the tree for a bit and coming
> back, all sorts of improvements crop up :-)

And sometimes things just get overlooked, but yes an open project
can be interesting that way.

Eric