LinuxBIOS and Vxworks

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Dec 10 23:54:01 CET 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, BIOS Support wrote:

> Anybody: What's the recommended approach/reference/magic to getting video
> going for LinuxBIOS. I'd like to get the on-chip video going on the VIA Epia
> board - Hints appreciated.

it depends. If you can get the chipset to init by knowing what to do, then
do it in the northbridge code (if integrated) or in the mainboard code (if
not integrated).

If it is a Mystery Chip but you have a VGABIOS for it, try enabling
linuxbios VGABIOS support and see if that turns it on.

Otherwise you'll have to see if linux framebuffer support will do it, or
the user-mode program we also have in freebios/utils.

It's still a hard problem, made harder by vendor non-cooperation.

ron