LinuxBIOS and Vxworks

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Dec 10 20:27:01 CET 2002

Kevin Hester <kevinh at ispiri.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It has been a couple of years since I was futzing with the ugly beast that is
> vxWorks ;-).  However, I don't think the Intel BSPs are 'plug-and-play'.
> I.e. vxWorks counts on the BIOS setting up the IRQ bindings for all PCI
> devices.
>
> It seems to me that most of the current linuxbios ROMs don't setup the PCI
> IRQs - they rely on the fact that linux is able to use the pirq table and do
> it's own PCI IRQ assignment.  If you are using vxWorks you may need to make
> sure your mainboard.c is assigning IRQs to all PCI devices.
>
> I just sent Andrew a patch which does this for the Via Epia motherboard.
> After this is checked in you should search the source for pci_assign_irqs for
> example usage.

Does this use the pirq tables or does it do something else?
As much as possible I would like to have a single source table so we
don't run into strange maintenance issues.

Assigning initial irqs, and reporting them in pci space is something
very much in the scope of LinuxBIOS.  It just hasn't come up much before
now so the code is not there yet...

Eric