LinuxBIOS and Vxworks

Kevin Hester kevinh at ispiri.com
Tue Dec 10 19:49:01 CET 2002

Hi,

It has been a couple of years since I was futzing with the ugly beast that is
vxWorks ;-).  However, I don't think the Intel BSPs are 'plug-and-play'.
I.e. vxWorks counts on the BIOS setting up the IRQ bindings for all PCI
devices.

It seems to me that most of the current linuxbios ROMs don't setup the PCI
IRQs - they rely on the fact that linux is able to use the pirq table and do
it's own PCI IRQ assignment.  If you are using vxWorks you may need to make
sure your mainboard.c is assigning IRQs to all PCI devices.

I just sent Andrew a patch which does this for the Via Epia motherboard.
After this is checked in you should search the source for pci_assign_irqs for
example usage.

Kevin