linux 2.4.19 and E820 problems CONFIRMED

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Dec 4 12:44:01 CET 2002

steven james <pyro at linuxlabs.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> Unless/until the kernel can handle it, I agree.

It works on 2.4.18 just fine.  So if it fails on 2.4.19 it is a kernel
regression.  I will take a look at 2.4.19 shortly, and see what the
confusion is.  But if this is a kernel regression, the kernel needs
fixing not LinuxBIOS.  The configuration is 100% valid.

Ron could you provide a little more detailed report of the practical
problem you are seeing?  Where does it blow up?  A console log of a
good and a bad bootup would be ideal. I want to make certain when I
attempt to reproduce this that I actually am seeing the problem you
are seeing.   Unless I borrow one of the nodes on Pink I cannot
exactly replicate what you are seeing...

Eric