On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 01:08:39PM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 11:29:18AM -0500, Kevin
On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 12:12:55PM +0100, Gerd
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:44:12PM +0200, Gerd
Almost a year since 1.12.0 was tagged (Nov 17th to be exact),
time to plan the 1.13 release I think ...
How about freeze in a week or two, release by mid-november?
Pending stuff I'm aware of is the disk geometry patch series.
The corresponding qemu series is still waiting to be merged.
It's finally merged in qemu now. Going to push the seabios
series and prepare a seabios update for qemu, so upcoming
seabios release gets some more test coverage.
If we're going to update that in SeaBIOS, then we may wish to push
back the SeaBIOS release by a few weeks.
At this point, I'm targeting early December for the release. Let me
know if there are any concerns with that.
Hmm, that is a bit late for the final qemu 4.2 release (see
). But seabios 1.13 in qemu hasn't
seen any real testing so far: the update landed in -rc2 (tagged
yesterday) not -rc0 due to the lchs patch series issues (late merge of
the qemu patches and ahci test failure). So having a tested 1.13-final
in -rc3 is pretty much impossible, even -rc4 is ambitious and requires
tagging the seabios release on Dec 1st or 2nd (less than two weeks from
now). Which would be nice from qemu point of view, but if this doesn't
work out sky isn't falling either. We can also release qemu 4.2 with
the snapshot and update to 1.13-final in 4.2.1 ...