On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:45:37 +0200
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel(a)redhat.com> wrote:
On Mo, 2016-05-16 at 21:00 -0400, Kevin O'Connor
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:03:37PM +0200, Igor
* merge handle_x2apic() into apic_id_init()
* move out max-cpus check out of mptable_setup()
* factor out CPU counting/apic ID detection in separate
* return back accidentially deleted debug message with APIC ID
* drop unused code in smp_setup()
According to SDM, if CPUs have APIC ID more than 254
firmware should pass control to OS in x2APIC mode.
This series adds x2APIC bootstrap initialization.
QEMU side of x2APIC support:
Thanks Igor. The first 3 patches look good to me. I'll commit to
SeaBIOS once the corresponding QEMU support is accepted.
Ping. What is the status of this in qemu? qemu 2.7 soft freeze is
coming, and it is about time to plan the seabios update (1.9.3
I need to dust RFC off and respin as Paolo wanted to sync APIC ID
other way than in RFC and also on list there is v2 ACPI refactoring
that x2APIC enablement depends on.
wrt OVMF does suggested here fw_Cfg interface look ok to you?