On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:58:31 +0200 Paolo Bonzini email@example.com wrote:
On 21/09/2015 15:14, Marc Marí wrote:
This patch series is not ready for merging. There are things missing and questions to be answered:
- Is it necessary to retrieve any other data from the NVDIMM?
- Is there any other nicer (and faster) option for the page table?
- Make NVDIMM a compile-time option, as the other devices.
- Add some kind of wrapper to the boot files instead of a direct
- Add NVDIMM boot priority support.
- Add support for intitrd and cmdline. Maybe in another NVDIMM, or
in the same, or through fw_cfg.
Perhaps store a CBFS image in the NVDIMM? That could include the kernel, initrd and cmdline.
And that links with: "Add some kind of wrapper to the boot files instead of a direct vmlinux". CBFS is an option. I don't know if there are many other options to choose, but I'll check anyway.
- Reorder code to change to long mode less times.
Any other proposals for improvements are appreciated